1. We had our company Christmas party downtown Chicago tonight. It was a lot of fun…also a good time watching your bosses break it down on the dance floor. After the party I went to Second City with Adam and some friends. It was really funny! It’s amazing how many SNL actors started at Second City.
2. I chopped off 5 inches (!) of my hair last week. Is it weird that one of the first things I do is check to see what it looks like in a ponytail? Now that I actually write it down…it seems a little strange. Oh well.
3. My birthday is today! And I have a dentist appt…who does that?
4. Thanks to Best Body Boot Camp…I have a new love for Tabata workouts. For some reason I’ve always been nervous about doing them at the gym. But I downloaded a Tabata timer (A HIIT Interval) and stuck my headphones in and went for it. It was fun, went by quickly, and was an awesome workout! I’m sure at some points I looked ridiculous flopping around on the stability ball but I can’t wait to do the 2 workouts again and create some of my own Tabata workouts too! I’ll keep you posted on good ones.
5. Two Words: New Shoes. I haven’t ran in them yet…but I’m excited to start breaking them in!
6. Last week I woke up early and did an Insanity workout before work. It felt good…I wonder if I’ll be able to get up every morning that early? It was nice to get my workout in before work.
7. It needs to snow…I’m sick of rain. It’s December 10th! If we don’t get snow today Chicago will break the record for most consecutive days without snow…280 days without snow.
Have a great Monday!
It seems like the word paleo is becoming more and more popular. It’s always intrigued me but I have never really seen it as a possibility. Paleo has always seemd like a lot of work and preparation. But ever since I tried crossfit I’ve wanted to actually try eating paleo for at least a week (or maybe a few days).
The last few weeks I’ve made Skillet Sweet Potato, Sausage, and Spinach Hash for lunches. It was easy and by making it on Sunday night I was able to eat it for lunch until Thursday. I have one meal down so all I need to do is focus on is breakfast and dinner. I think I’ll be able to do it…but since next week is Thanksgiving I’m going to make it my goal for the following week. It’ll be perfect for one of my goals for Best Body Boot Camp! Eating Paleo for a week will also make me plan meals before going grocery shopping..which I’m usually not very good at.
Have you tried the paleo diet? If you have a favorite recipe or paleo website let me know! I’m a little excited to go on this adventure for a week, who knows maybe it will last longer.
Bicep/Tricep workout – I did Cleans on Sunday and my wrists were a little sore when I was doing any bicep movement. Hopefully it’s just sore and nothing that will last a long time.
Row 1,000 m – rowing is not easy! I try to jump onto the row machine at the gym every once and awhile though because it is an excellent workout!
Stairmaster – 30 min
Well I ran a half marathon…then I stopped focusing on running and focused on other forms of working out. Now, I have no idea how I ran 13.1 miles without stopping and rolling over on the side of the road. It’s amazing how easily I lose my running endurance. I’m not a runner…at all. But, my biggest problem is probably the fact that I mentally can’t call myself a runner (which started in middle school when we were forced to run in gym).
I ran 5 miles on Saturday morning and could hardly walk on Sunday because my hips were so tight. Next week I’m running 2 5k’s (Turkey Trot and an Ugly Sweater run) so I’m hoping that will help me get my speed back up to where it was (still no where near a majority of the fitness bloggers out there…but I try). Tina Reale’s Best Body Boot Camp interval runs have helped a lot too. Not only are they an awesome workout but the time flies by on the treadmill.
Oh and this happened on halloween…